I have been writing down funny things that Abby has said or done for the past couple months with the intention of putting it on the blog. So in no particular order, here is the latest funny stuff.
Abby hates going to bed...still. We usually have to lie in her bed with her until she falls asleep or she'll fall asleep out on the couch and we transfer her to her own bed. Some nights she comes into our room in the middle of the night and joins us in our bed. I asked her one night, "When are you going to go to bed by yourself?" Her answer was..."in 16 years." Somehow I just can't see her as a 20 year old sleeping with her mom and dad.
I can't remember what we were doing, but Abby wanted me to do something with her and I apparently wasn't getting to it quick enough. She spouted off with, "Mommy, I'm not a waiting girl, I'm a doing girl." I will remind her of this when I ask her to clean her room during the teenage years.
She hates it when John is about to go on a trip. Her new thing is to give him "work spanks" before he leaves. She thinks this is hilarious!
My parents took Abby to the Folsom Rodeo and a little 7 year-old sang the National Anthem. My parents told us that the little girl was cute, but sounded awful. Abby told us she had a beautiful voice. LOL! Abby was so impressed with the little girl's singing and the fact that she got up in front of all those people that she wants to sing the National Anthem at the rodeo some day too. We've been practicing the words. She has the first 4 lines down and is pretty good at remembering the rest, although she needs a little help with some of it. I'll try to get it on video soon, so I can post her singing. Maybe we have the next Taylor Swift! We won't hold our breath...
No comments:
Post a Comment