Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Donner Lake

I have been going up to Donner Lake since I was about 13 years old. The Owens have had a cabin up there since the 1970's and all of us girls have gone up to stay each year. I have many wonderful memories of my time spent up at the Owen's beautiful cabin. They're right on the water and it is truly a great get away. The Kurlaks also have a cabin in the Tahoe Donner area, so I have continued to go up in my adult years at least once a year to see them, since they live in Redondo Beach.

This year we managed a day trip with the whole family. We took tons of pictures while we were up there for the day. The weather was beautiful and we spent most of the day at the private beach and then had dinner with everyone. One of the best parts was watching all the kids play together. Jen and Darcy are my oldest and dearest friends and it is so cool to be able to watch all our kids interact and grow up with each other.

On our way...
Gorgeous view of the lake from the beach
The boys and their babies
We played on the beach playground
The girls eyeing the water
 Nathan (5), Nick (3), Abby (3), and Cassidy (2)

Abby had a blast playing in the sand and actually was brave enough to go out into the water. A little too brave at times...I had to remind her that she doesn't know how to swim and keep a good eye on her.



 The Three Musketeers (JK, myself, and Darc)

The Yakubik family hanging out in the cabin spa
 Reese (3 months) and Owen (5 months)
 The kids at dinner
Thanks to the Kurlak, Yakubik, and Blastos/Owen families for inviting us up. We had a great time and only wish we could have stayed longer.

No comments: